Apprenticeship interview (HR) - advice please!

(5 Posts)
summerof66 Wed 04-Dec-19 11:28:26

Has anyone interviewed for an apprenticeship position? I am wondering if they were will be same/as intense as a normal interview.
The role I'm going for is within HR.

Any advice on what they might ask or any topics which I should definitely brush up on?

OP’s posts: |
TheLidoOfThighs Wed 04-Dec-19 18:32:12

Can you say what sort of organisation it is? Like large, small, public sector, private sector etc.

Have they said what kind of interview it will be, e.g. competency based?

firsttimebuyer20 Wed 04-Dec-19 18:34:58

In the last 6 months I've interviewed for both an apprenticeship (business admin) and a full time role in a HR dept for a local authority.

The HR interview was much more in-depth than that apprenticeship one, which I imagine will be the same for you. The requirements for an apprentice are not the same as expected of someone in a more 'qualified' role so I shouldn't imagine it will be too heavy smile

Good luck!

summerof66 Wed 04-Dec-19 21:33:20

They've not given any details on what it may consist of, just that it may take 45 mins - 1hour. So I'm guessing that it might have some kind of task involved?

@TheLidoOfThighs don't want to give too much away but it is within the private sector

@firsttimebuyer20 any tips you can give about the apprentice interview? smile I'm nervous!

OP’s posts: |
firsttimebuyer20 Thu 05-Dec-19 07:59:45

I had to fill in a booklet when I first got there that contained a few questions. Can't remember them all but one asked what I knew about the company, another asked for an example of good customer service that I'd given.

I can't remember the interview questions exactly, but I was in with 2 women and they were very reassuring that yes it was an interview but to try and relax and think of it as a 'formal chat' grin

They asked me why I wanted the role, what I could bring to it, if I was aware of the wage, and why I was considering leaving a full time role for an apprenticeship. I think I was also asked my strengths and weaknesses.

Have a google of most popular interview questions and go through them all yourself. I done that for my last interview and felt really prepared going in smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in