schedule of loss

(7 Posts)
flopsyandjim Thu 14-Nov-19 20:32:28

Hi, I am doing a discrimination claim against my employer and I am still employed. no adjustments or other support in place despite repeated requests. Submitted a grievance and still not got any outcome. Got union support. Have heard I may need to do a schedule of loss but how do I do this if I'm still employed and at work? Very hard to remain employed there but having no luck finding other employment as yet. I don't have any loss of income but there is definitely injury to feelings. This treatment, bullying, discrimination, lack of adjustments goes back years and I have a lot of evidence. Can anyone give examples of what I could put in my schedule of loss?

OP’s posts: |
flowery Thu 14-Nov-19 21:35:01

This is what your union is for, they should be helping you with this!

mrssillysausage Thu 14-Nov-19 21:44:56

Agree with PP, the union should help.
It's a bit difficult to give specific advice without knowing the details of your claim, however on the basis of a general discrimination claim the things that would go into the schedule of loss are:-
- difference in salaries if you have been overlooked for promotion
- injury to feelings
- if you have incurred any cost in regards to things you've had to purchase to deal with any health issues which have been made worse or not helped by the way you've been treated (or this may be included in a different element of your claim)
- basic statutory award on the basis of the severity of the discrimination claim
Sorry to hear you're going through this, good luck.

flopsyandjim Fri 15-Nov-19 20:49:49

thank you, that helps

My union, although helpful, are really slow to respond to me sad I know that they are very busy and have a lot of claims to deal with compared to staff available

The ET1 was submitted today - how soon does my employer get it?

My employer literally discriminated against me today. Doing the exact same thing I raised a grievance about - they just don't seem to get it.

Anyway, the salary difference is definitely one. denial of travel expenses. Not sure how to work out injury to feelings though. I think middle vento band as its been going on for years?

OP’s posts: |
mrssillysausage Fri 15-Nov-19 22:24:23

Without knowing the detail it's difficult to advise but generally your schedule of loss is a starting point for negotiations, so I'd advice that you go higher and then work from there.
Good luck x

mrssillysausage Fri 15-Nov-19 22:25:10

Ps it normally takes a couple of weeks for the ET form to get to the employer

Breakingbarricades Sun 17-Nov-19 23:52:01

Injury to feelings.

Also personal injury if it's made you ill (or iller)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in