Talk

Advanced search

Future References

(5 Posts)
Angel1969 Mon 30-Sep-19 08:59:16

Hi lovelies, I left a job after 14 years in January for a new job, but the new job did not work out. I ended up having a nervous breakdown due to stress and I have an autistic son that causes me alot of stress. After a few months I got better and I contacted my old job. They let me return. I did a week but at the weekend I had a massive depressive episode and could not function. I got a sick note and sent an email saying I have to resign as my mental health is not good. I have heard nothing back even from HR. I did everything properly and I know they are angry,I did 14 years of good work but this year has been so difficult. I am so anxious about future references as I am 45 and worked there for a long time. I am not ready to work at all but its just playing on my mind getting no response.

OP’s posts: |
flowery Mon 30-Sep-19 10:31:02

How long ago did you resign? Who did you send your email to? Have you contacted anyone to check it was actually received? Have you had a P45 or anything like that?

Sorry for all the questions!

Angel1969 Mon 30-Sep-19 10:47:06

Hi thanks for response. I went back first week in September. I phoned in sick on the following Monday and then got a sick note and told boss I had to resign due to ill health and my son. I had sick note for my notice. I followed up email to the HR lady , I got no responses. I wish I never went back as I left on good terms back in January 😢. But depression is really swallowing me up so I just want to get well.

MrsMaiselsMuff Mon 30-Sep-19 10:50:31

Focus on getting well, then make contact and apologise for the position you left them in.

As things stand, a reference may well state that you are unreliable, or that you returned and promptly resigned. A reference can be bad as long as it is honest. I'm sure they'll be more understanding when you are able to explain the situation fully.

Angel1969 Mon 30-Sep-19 13:14:57

I explained my son who has autism had serious issues (which is true he was suicidal)and smashed his hand as he nightmare falling out of bed. So I decided I need to be a carer and I apologised loads but still no response 😢

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in