Talk

Advanced search

Can you still claim tax credits if your working 15hrs a week?

(12 Posts)
CharleeWeasley Fri 10-Aug-07 10:03:31

DP has just been told that his hours at his job are being cut down from 20 to 15, we are currently claiming tax credits will we still get them or do you have to be working a certain amount of hours?

expatinscotland Fri 10-Aug-07 10:10:31

Do you work any hours? It's 16 hours minimum for all applications including joint/couple ones.

CharleeWeasley Fri 10-Aug-07 10:14:12

Bugger no i don't, looks like he will ahve to look for another job.

CharleeWeasley Fri 10-Aug-07 10:18:33

It would have been ahndi in a way, as i suffer from manic depression and our ds1 needs caring for at home so having him here more would have been a real help. Is there anytihg else we can claim instead of tax credits?

CharleeWeasley Fri 10-Aug-07 10:18:56

That was ment to say handy!

expatinscotland Fri 10-Aug-07 10:23:06

Well, he's not been made redundant so no Job Seeker's Allowance.

You might be able to claim Incapacity Benefit for your depression.

Really should speak to a welfare advisor at the Job Centre.

CharleeWeasley Fri 10-Aug-07 10:26:47

Yeah i will have to go down the CAB and see what they say, either that or he will have to find another job.

I was wondering if he could claim carers allowence for DS1 as he is on a higer rate dla?

expatinscotland Fri 10-Aug-07 10:35:29

It's possible, but give your child's SN and your own disease, I think seeing the CAB for a rundown and some help on what you are eligible to claim would be the right step for you.

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 10-Aug-07 11:24:54

Might be worth asking his employer is he can do 16 hours for the same pay as 15 so you can still claim WTC - both parties would gain from it so definately worth asking.

CharleeWeasley Fri 10-Aug-07 11:25:41

Good idea HMOO, i will get him to look into it, thankfully its not happening for a few weeks yet.

FioFio Fri 10-Aug-07 11:26:16

Message withdrawn

CharleeWeasley Fri 10-Aug-07 11:27:14

Ok ta i will deffinatley look into it, god knows i could do with more help around here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now