Talk

Advanced search

Don't know what to do

(6 Posts)
stillfrankie Wed 17-Jul-19 14:31:59

I have worked for a large public sector organisation for over 15 years now and I've been disabled all this time. In all this time I've been bullied and discriminated against. I've made multiple compliant sans the solution is always along the lines of mediation, moving me to another role, arranging awareness training etc....then it happens again.

I've now had enough and I submitted a grievance but they say it's my word against my current manager, despite me having lots of evidence. They also say that they have concerns about my performance - giving examples that again I can prove are false.

I am now off with stress and I want to leave but I cannot afford to. My husband is not long out of redundancy where we had to use all our savings. Also as a disabled person, I am having no luck finding anything that isn't half my current salary, temporary or in another part of the UK

I have no idea what else to do. My family say get back to work but I don't want to go back there. I feel trapped and keep crying.

I'm in a union but they want me to mediate again and consider yet another office move! I'm sick of being seen as the problem and multiple people from diverse backgrounds have been forced out so it's not just me

I need advice on what to do.

I currently earn £35000 which is great but money doesn't buy happiness! I'd be happy to drop a few thou but no further. All comparable jobs are around 17000 though as my company are the main employer in my field.

It fucking sucks ☹️

Lisa2538 Wed 17-Jul-19 18:20:30

Hi!

I’m sorry to hear all of that! The last thing you should think about doing is going back - not while your so stressed about it all as it’s no good for your health and will probably end in another sickness absence.
Your union rep should be supporting you through the grievance process if that’s what you have decided to do - get back on to them and ask for support through the process.
Do you have access to all your policies? Have a good read through them as well especially the bulling and harassment and discrimination.

I hope you can come to some sort of solution.

breakfastpizza Wed 17-Jul-19 18:41:57

Can you provide more info on how you have been discriminated against? It might help us tailor appropriate advice.

stillfrankie Thu 18-Jul-19 10:38:00

offensive and discriminatory things said verbally, in emails, in documents etc. Performance issues - physically can't do certain things due to my disabilities, which they know, yet refuse to make any adjustments or even that it could be paid through access to work applications. Numerous OH referrals where the recommendations haven't been met. I could go on and on but trying not to out myself.

Namechangeforthiscancershit Thu 18-Jul-19 10:41:36

You can sort Access to Work yourself I think if not asking for something really complicated. I've been through it all recently and it wasn't too bad at all.

Have you seen an employment lawyer?

stillfrankie Thu 18-Jul-19 10:43:26

no, just my union rep. cannot really afford a lawyer.

I know I can do A2W myself but my employer isn't interested. Its strange because they had no issue in the past, but now we have new HR managers and new team leaders and attitudes seem to have completely changed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »