Terrible mental health and new job

(6 Posts)
HotSauceCommittee Sun 23-Jun-19 14:41:07

I started a new job in the same public sector organisation two months ago. It’s not what I expected and I am not enjoying it. I worked really hard to get it, it’s effectively a promotion in a different department and it’s just draining me. This is not because of the work or work load, but the lack of people and the “no rush” thing. There is no one to bounce off with enthusiasm, I didn’t realise how little interaction there would be.
Now, I’m having the odd intrusive thought and my anxiety and depression is back (it’s normally very well controlled on my current meds). I am literally going mental, while trying to hang on to my job. It’s not getting better and I’m panicking. What the Hell do I do? I cannot go sick this early and if I did, it would just build the work issue up and make it harder to go back to. And of course, it looks shit. Has anyone else been in this position?

OP’s posts: |
user1483387154 Sun 23-Jun-19 14:43:13

is it worth increasing your medication dosage?

HotSauceCommittee Sun 23-Jun-19 16:10:51

That might be an idea, thanks, User. I will make an appointment to see my Gp.

Basketofkittens Sun 23-Jun-19 16:14:33

Maybe it’s not the right job and environment for you? A job shouldn’t require you to have to increase medication.

HotSauceCommittee Sun 23-Jun-19 18:32:23

@*Basketofkittens, you are right, it certainly isn’t the job for me but the question is how to extricate myself from it without damaging future opportunities within the organisation; that bit is really stressing me and the work I’ve put it. I am so scared to just resign for the good of my health sad

Basketofkittens Mon 24-Jun-19 13:25:07

I’m sorry to hear that. Do you have a supportive manager you can chat with? Maybe make a GP appt too?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in