Bored and lonely at work, thinking of asking to go part time

(3 Posts)
Pinkypaws89 Thu 20-Jun-19 13:49:57

I started working for a small company last year, I have been here for just over 8 months now.

When I started the work was never overly busy however it was steady, since January this year the company has been at a stand still and my workload has gone down to about 2 hours a day (I work 8 hours).

What makes it worse is my whole team has left because they had nothing to do and my boss is always out of the office so I am bored and lonely but also feel like I should be loyal.

I am thinking about asking my boss to drop my hours down and my salary as I can afford to take a small cut, I think this would help with how it is making me feel mentally at the moment as the days just feel so long.

I have told my boss that I have no work and just get emails back with jobs that I already do as part of my day or silly little tasks which brings nothing to the company.

Has anyone been in this situation before and how the company react?

OP’s posts: |
Isleepinahedgefund Thu 20-Jun-19 13:53:44

I'd get another job tbh.

In my last job I had about 2 hours work a week, contracted for 30 hours - it was torture in the end - definitely affected my mental health.

Pinkypaws89 Thu 20-Jun-19 14:00:08

@Isleepinahedgefund I am currently looking at other jobs as well, it's just hard with trying to get the time off to interview. It definitely is torture, I am almost in tears to and from work everyday. Thank you for the advice.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in