Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask you to give me a virtual shake and tell me to pull myself together?

(6 Posts)
shushymcshush Wed 05-Jun-19 15:18:04

I'm getting a promotion at work. I'm so nervous I feel sick. I feel embarrassed about it being announced in front of everyone on Friday.

I've been at the company for 5 years and I have worked so hard. Before kids I would have been over the moon, but now I just think "what if I mess it up? what if its more stressful?".

I have previously worked at the senior level I'm going back up to. After maternity I moved and took a role demotion, but the company paid the same rate at a junior level than others paid for a more senior level, so I wasn't worse off financially.

I know I should be pleased, but my confidence is shot.

Any tips? Do I need to fake it til I make it?

OP’s posts: |
Mymomsbetterthanyomom Wed 05-Jun-19 15:40:46

Oh girl.
Just by reading this I can tell that you totally got this.And yes!Fake it til you make it,which you will quickly realize that you are going to be amazing.Good luck...but I don't think you will actually need any luck!💪💯

Redcliff Wed 05-Jun-19 15:52:37

I hear you! Not quite the same but a few months ago I was asked to take on a big and way out of my comfort zone project at work. Outwardly I was "of course- sounds exciting " - inside was terrified! It's gone really well, I have learnt so much and its going to look great on my CV. You will be great - most senior people are winging it to a certain extent anyway

shushymcshush Wed 05-Jun-19 16:00:50

Thanks @Mymomsbetterthanyomom and @Redcliff

Surprising what motherhood does to you. When I think back to the confidence I had years ago... swapped it for a delightful child and some grey hairs lol smile

Mymomsbetterthanyomom Sat 08-Jun-19 03:23:31

@Redcliff
Congratulations to you!!🤗

shushymcshush Sat 08-Jun-19 20:44:17

So it wasn't too bad on Friday. I could feel my face burning up, so hopefully all the colour correcting cream and foundation I'd put on hid it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in