How to juggle work and money.

(5 Posts)
user1478024745 Tue 04-Jun-19 15:04:54

For 4months I was working part time hours but was doing Monday - Friday in the morning. I was doing 16-20hrs a week.

The month I left my job I actually got paid more in benefits than my wages. If I work more I get penalised if I work less I get the same. As a mum I have think about child care, budgeting, not exceeding a certain amount of hours and also trying to make more money to stay ahead of bills. Mums any advice on how to juggle it all. sad

OP’s posts: |
Todaythiscouldbe Tue 04-Jun-19 20:39:55

How old are your children? You should be entitled to 15 or 30 hours free childcare if they are the right age.
I'm a mum and work full time so I don't understand the part about not going over a certain number of hours, the more hours you work the more you earn?

user1478024745 Tue 04-Jun-19 21:40:40

My child is not entitled to free childcare yet, my job doesn't pay well so that's why I contemplated more hours but I need to juggle childcare. It's just overwhelming sometimes

mumsie2019 Sun 16-Jun-19 12:40:21

If I have understood right for you working a minimum of hours is financially better at the moment then do a budget and try and get by for the time being.
Looking at the best situation for you and your family.
work life balance is more important than Money truely!
As your entitlements for childcare improve then look at moving into fulltime
The realities of the daily pressures and needs of chid and parent when they enter the work force are Huge besides the bills!

user1478024745 Sun 16-Jun-19 15:02:16

You're right I agree as I'm more stressed out than I need to be. Will definitely budget smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in