I hate my job

(7 Posts)
loutyre Mon 03-Jun-19 05:13:56

I recently started a new job and I absolutely hate it.
I am currently sat in my living room at 4:30 in the morning welling up at the thought of going.
I have only been there a month and I can't bare the thought of going back for another day never mind forever.
In a nut shell the business is just absolute chaos and poorly structured.
Plus I have just found out I'm pregnant and woke up at midnight bleeding. I have a scan tomorrow. My workplace don't know yet. So I have the anxiety of going to work somewhere I hate plus now extra added stress wether I'm miscarrying for the fourth time in a year and I just can't bring myself to deal with any of it

OP’s posts: |
Decormad38 Mon 03-Jun-19 05:52:12

Call in sick, dont go back. If you hate it that much it’s not worth it.

DivaInDisguise Mon 03-Jun-19 20:41:29

Can you afford to hand your notice in?

You haven't been there long and new jobs can sometimes feel overwhelming, but life really is too short to be feeling like this.

I'm about 4 months into a new job and taking it one day at a time. I've worked in quite a few different companies but I've got a niggling feeling that this one just isn't going to work out...but I haven't been as upset/stressed as it sounds you might be.

If there's an HR department do you think there's anything to be gained in talking to someone about why it isn't working for you?

GreyGardens88 Mon 03-Jun-19 20:44:44

Just leave, it's better to leave when you have just started as you can just explain to them it doesn't feel like a good fit for you. I'm assuming you are in probation so don't need to give notice

Babyroobs Mon 03-Jun-19 23:15:28

I am 4 months into a new job and hate it too. I am applying for other things. I wake up feeling anxious and go to bed feeling anxious at the thought of doing it all again the next day. Life is too short to be miserable.

sl07 Fri 07-Jun-19 20:54:53

Health comes first not work. Leave that job if it's making you that stressed

Darkcloudsandsunnydays Fri 07-Jun-19 21:35:45

All jobs are crap. You work a month in advance for free in most cases on trust that you will be paid at the end of the month. You then get paid a quarter of what you have earned for the employer. Then it gets taxed.

You have to be the business owner to make the system work in your favour.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in