Notice period

(2 Posts)
PookieDo Sun 02-Jun-19 21:46:43

firstly this is NHS!

I was offered 15 hours better paid in another job outside of NHS (did not interview, was approached) and put in a formal request to my employer to reduce my current job down to 3 days per week which was denied.

I turned the 15 hours down. The head hunter came back and offered me a full time job at a higher pay grade than what I am currently earning

I handed my notice in immediately. The contract I signed when I first started some years ago said 4 weeks notice so I have given 4 weeks notice (2 left)

I was given a promotion a year ago - no contract given or signed, no interview and notice period not discussed at any point

But I am fully aware that my pay grade in the official HR policy has an 8 week notice period...

I gave my notice to HR 2 weeks ago and never heard anything back from them since

I will contact them again but I also don’t want to provoke the hornets nest to give them to chance to screw me over really, by making my life difficult. The organisation I work for is hemorrhaging staff at an alarming rate in the past 6 months

The second problem I have is that my manager is off on long term sick and doesn’t even know I am leaving yet. She might be back this week, who knows

For many reasons I can’t wait to leave but does anyone know if they can hold me to 8 weeks?

OP’s posts: |
flowery Sun 02-Jun-19 22:15:29

No. Your notice period is what is in your original contract unless you have received written notice of any change, and agreed to it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in