Temporary Transfer - What can I expect?

(1 Post)
HelenaChristensen Thu 09-May-19 08:17:03

I have been employed for 8 years at the same place and made my way up for the time working there. One year ago I had a new boss, who is very competitive and demanding and wants things to happen her way. I am doing everything possible to complete my duties and make her happy, however my impression is that she is trying to replace all of us in the office one by one, starting from the junior support a month ago. This has been ongoing and she was moving people around other offices / job roles calling this "experience".

I am completely up for a promotion if it suitable for my work/life balance - as a mother of two I would like to go home and spend time with my family, not to be expected to be contactable 24/7 as if I were more senior.

My boss "offered" me yesterday a new challenge - to go in another office of our company temporarily for 2 months as Assistant/Manager and if both sides a happy to get promoted as a Manager. She wants a response today if I am accepting or not. I see this as a good opportunity, but at the same time I am reluctant as I do not want to be replaced here by someone else. I am thinking to request in writing what is expected from me and also to have a confirmation that my position here is secure and I can come back in two months if things don't work out.

Amy advice what I can do to make sure they don't just transfer me there with my current position etc.?

The reason why I am in doubt as well is that the journey is longer and also the place is a mess at the moment.

Thank you.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in