DBS taking forever

(10 Posts)
Sloulou88 Mon 29-Apr-19 16:27:22

Does anyone know how long DBS are taking at the moment?

Mine has been at stage four 4 weeks! My last one came back in two weeks. I am waiting to start a new job as a nurse and can’t without this which is going to lead to me having no income sad

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Finfintytint Mon 29-Apr-19 16:29:20

I had two recently and both back in around a week.

Hoppinggreen Wed 01-May-19 14:34:27

I got a School one in 3 days recently

newcupcake Wed 01-May-19 14:47:06

I verify them regularly for a charity and they never take more than 5 working days

solittletime Wed 01-May-19 14:58:29

I waited so long ( over a month) and had to eventually call to get it sent again as the first one never arrived.
Apparently I'm not be only one this has happened to

magpiecounter Sun 05-May-19 01:01:46

My dbs was submitted 12th March and was going straight through. Since the 14th March it has sat at stage 4 and apparently that can be for 60days till you can contact them and raise an issue. I have spoken to dbs and they said they will escalate it after 90days. That's three months with no income.

I'm worried there's something on it now but can't think what because I had one done in February and that was through in a week completely clear. The first one was a volunteer one though for girl guiding and I don't know if that's the difference.

OldAndWornOut Sun 05-May-19 01:04:34

I have waited weeks and weeks in the past, but my last few which were all in the last year have been really quick.
The last one came back by email the same day!

magpiecounter Sun 05-May-19 01:05:25

Just to add the guiding one is still an enhanced check as we take them away in brownie holiday overnight so we all need checking even if we are never alone with a group.

Spartak Sun 05-May-19 01:08:25

They are taking longer than normal at the moment. My new assistant at work has been waiting 5 weeks now. He had one done elsewhere in February and said it took 4 days.

DonkeyHohtay Sun 05-May-19 08:34:30

It depends where in the country you are. Some police forces turn them around much more quickly than others. You can see how well your police force is doing online: www.gov.uk/government/statistics/dbs-performance

Metropolitan Police area is always slowest because of the volume of applications. Other things which can hold up your application are things like several changes of name over the years, or lots of addresses.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in