Cover letter advice

(3 Posts)
phoria Sat 06-Apr-19 21:23:14

Anyone good at covering letters? I'm applying for a job and in the past have always included in the final paragraph why I want to join the particular company but do I have to include this? Always find that section a bit of a struggle!

OP’s posts: |
daisychain01 Sun 07-Apr-19 08:30:39

I'm applying for a job and in the past have always included in the final paragraph why I want to join the particular company but do I have to include this?

Let's face it, if you can't think of a single reason why you'd want to work there, it won't be a good look smile and there's bound to be people who do state why they'd like to work there, so they could be the one to attract attention to their CV.

You could relate it to the role you're applying for.

Eg Customer Service Admin at ABC taxi company (random co. I just made up!) :-

- you'd say you'd like to contribute to the success of ABC company
- you enjoy helping and supporting members of the public to reach their destination safely
- you know people who use ABC and they have a great reputation for customer service. A bit of flattery is always helpful!

katmarie Sun 07-Apr-19 08:44:15

I usually use a covering letter to do two things, firstly to highlight and go more in depth the parts of my cv which are particularly relevant to that role, and second, to identify what it is about me and that company which would make me working there a mutually good fit. It's been a reasonably effective approach for me.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in