Talk

Advanced search

Would it be appropriate...

(11 Posts)
newlifenewname Tue 10-Jul-07 21:37:56

...to contact a person I know who does the same job as I'm interviewing (as in I'm the interviewee) for but in a different section of the county to ask for advice/tips?

I only know her through her work but we've chatted quite a bit because she was interested in my skills and making use of the parenting stuff I do - we talked about her helping me set up a sleep clinic as it was one of my plans and fitted in with her remit. I got to know her through my children attending some of the sessions she co-ordinated originally though so our realtionship is sort of semi professional I guess, but hard to define. Thus, not sure wheter to contact or not.

Any ideas?

pyjamaqueen Tue 10-Jul-07 21:39:43

I think that would be fine.

NurseyJo Tue 10-Jul-07 21:40:19

Message withdrawn

Tinker Tue 10-Jul-07 21:40:37

God, yes, why not?

flowerybeanbag Tue 10-Jul-07 21:42:26

Absolutely, go for it, and good luck!

newlifenewname Tue 10-Jul-07 21:44:42

Nursey! I've posted for you a few times dearie - saying a big THANK you!

It's actually for the extended schools consortium coordinator post but your help was invaluable (repeating myself here )

NurseyJo Tue 10-Jul-07 22:10:22

Message withdrawn

chocolatekimmy Tue 10-Jul-07 22:13:32

Yes, absolutely. Explain the situation and I am sure she will be flattered and more than happy to help you prepare

newlifenewname Tue 10-Jul-07 22:14:33

Oh dear. I did say on one of my posts that I hadn't seen you much lately. What's up? Hope you are okay if you don't want to say.

You really helped me fine tune my person spec. so I am very grateful indeed for the input. I didn't hear anythign from all the other jobs I applied for and said to myself when I emailed off my most recent one over the weekend, that if I heard nothing then I'd just have to accept that I'd need to put in a few more years 'below manager' before I could go for the roles I think I am capable of and the salary I want!

Anyhow, not in the bag yet but interview is Friday (13th eek!) and I am pretty out of practise. Will be researching like crazy this week.

NurseyJo Tue 10-Jul-07 22:18:59

Message withdrawn

NurseyJo Fri 13-Jul-07 21:29:19

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now