Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I've got a new job!

(5 Posts)
Moomin Wed 04-Jul-07 22:19:21

I've had a shitty time at work recently (see here for details) and was getting really despondent about being 40 next year and my career being washed up blah blah and all that...

Anyway, I got in touch with a friend of mine who is head of a school practically next to my house about doing an extra day at his school to supplement my days (I wanted to work 3 days next year but I was only being allowed to do 2) and he's ended up offering me a job there, 3 days a week!! It's a lovely school and the 'commute' to work would be the same as having a huge catflap in the fence at the bottom of my garden and squeezing myself through, rather than the 20 miles each way on the motorway that I've been doing for the last 10 years. The dds' school/childminder are all 5 mins away and we'll even be able to get rid of one of our cars.

Best of all, my friend rang my present Head today and persuaded him to waive my notice which would usually be a whole term, so I'm leaving in 2 weeks and starting at the new school in Sept!!

HURRAH!

LucyLamb Wed 04-Jul-07 22:29:07

Well done you ! Congratulations !!!

That'll bring your carbon footprint down nicely !

cba Wed 04-Jul-07 22:29:29

well done, enjoy.

RedTartanLass Wed 04-Jul-07 22:53:20

Oh Moomin good for you

sassy Thu 05-Jul-07 13:41:49

Oh my god! Am thrilled for you babe. Utterly splendid news .

Will call you soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now