Talk

Advanced search

Would it be awkward to apply for this job?

(4 Posts)
WheelOfSweets Mon 11-Feb-19 19:22:44

A job I would love to have is currently being advertised, and I really want to apply. Yet I am worried about doing so, as it's a small company and I know someone who works there. She is not a friend but an acquaintance through someone else on a semi-frequent basis. I worry she would be able to read my application, and how awkward it would be if I didn't get the job...she would also know I want to leave my current company which would be difficult if I don't get the job and have to remain there. My current job would also sack me if they knew I was looking for another job.

Not sure if my worries are excessive, but they're keeping me back from potentially being happy. What would you do?

Bayleyf Tue 12-Feb-19 19:07:05

100% go for it!

She might find out you've applied. But then the absolute worst thing would be a bit of awkwardness (and who cares about being awkward with an acquaintance?); the best outcome is that you get a great job. No contest.

Mmmmbrekkie Tue 12-Feb-19 19:08:42

Your worries don’t sound excessive in the slightest

It all depends on her professionalism...

Mmmmbrekkie Tue 12-Feb-19 19:09:39

Your current employer would have no grounds to sack you!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: