Talk

Advanced search

Accruing holiday on mat leave?

(7 Posts)
modernexploring Thu 07-Feb-19 11:46:52

Hi,
I'm looking for a solid answer on a question I have regarding accruing holiday whilst on maternity.

My boss is extremely tight and I want to check what I am entitled to, before he fobs me off as he doesn't always follow correct legal procedures if it saves him money. My boss wants me to take all of my holiday before the baby comes (which is about 2.4 weeks) but has not mentioned anything about me accruing holiday whilst on Maternity leave.

Do I still accrue holiday on Mat leave even though I will not be returning to work? Any info would be great!

bobstersmum Thu 07-Feb-19 11:49:09

Yes you definitely still accrue annual leave on mat leave and you can ask to tag this onto the end of your mat leave.

ChrisPrattsFace Thu 07-Feb-19 11:50:53

Yes you accrue all, most people add it to the end of their current maternity.
Check the government website for more info before you approach it with him if you want something solid!

flowery Thu 07-Feb-19 11:55:56

Here you go OP

Hiphopopotamous Thu 07-Feb-19 12:26:49

Yes you do - annual leave PLUS bank holidays. All at whatever rate you leave on not what you come back on (ie if you're full time before and part time after you get everything as full time).

modernexploring Thu 07-Feb-19 12:32:36

Great, thanks so much for all your replies! I will make sure I get what I'm entitled to in that case!

Schmoobarb Thu 07-Feb-19 12:36:30

Do I still accrue holiday on Mat leave even though I will not be returning to work?

Yes - as long as you don’t resign until the end of your mat leave. You only accrue holiday until your employment terminates. Best to give notice in accordance with your contract so it expires at the end of your mat leave.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: