Currently on mat leave and have just been notified that my role no longer exists following a big restructure in the department.
I have been offered the option though of going ahead with the consultation process now, or waiting until the end of my maternity leave (I'm only 4 months in). There does appear to be an alternative vacancy, it is at the same level however has less of the responsibilities of my current position. It is also at a different office location, further from home/more travel costs etc.
My query though is if I were to wait, the alternative vacancy (plus any others that come about through the restructure) would go to someone else.... does anyone have any advice on this?