Job Application After Being a SAHM

(5 Posts)
Stardustmemories Fri 09-Nov-18 08:41:16

I have a degree as well. But I had my oldest while I was at uni and my youngest just after I finished. I’m hoping that my degree gives me something since last time I worked 😂 never really thought of it as a bad point tbh

OP’s posts: |
crimsonlake Thu 08-Nov-18 17:35:59

I am having the opposite problem and considering dumbing down my CV. I have a degree and teaching qualification and at the stage in my life I just want a 9 - 5 job where I can come home and do nothing. I have applied for lots of shop work and keep getting turned down for an interview.

Stardustmemories Thu 08-Nov-18 15:23:35

Thanks. That’s what I thought. Felt like a bit of a tit trying to fluff up being a stay st home parent 😂

RedSkyLastNight Thu 08-Nov-18 13:19:33

Stick to basic "childcare" unless you have genuinely used skills that are outside of what any other person looking after small children would do

e.g. keeping accounts for local playgroup might be worth mentioning; managing your own family's budget is not

Stardustmemories Thu 08-Nov-18 11:44:55

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to start this thread but hopefully someone can help.

I am going to apply for an admin assistant job at a high school. It's on myjobscotland and you have to account for any breaks in employment. I've been a SAHM for 3 years which is my current "role".
Now under the box for role and employer, it has two boxes, one for responsibilities and knowledge and experience gained. Another for reason for leaving this role.

In the box for responsibilities etc do I leave this blank, put a basic "childcare" or do I waffle some crap about learning time management, organisational skills etc?

I've had a google and it's coming up with various results that are saying to do both confused

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in