Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What was your first job in your career?

(8 Posts)
CherryCupcake Mon 18-Jun-07 10:08:37

When you first decided on your career, what was the first job you got which was connected to it in some way?

Hulababy Mon 18-Jun-07 10:10:23

I decided to become a secondary school IT/Business teacher whilst at school. So went to uni to do that. My first post was in a high achieving secondary school in Derbyshire, teaching ICT.

Ceebee74 Mon 18-Jun-07 10:13:45

I wanted to work in HR - left uni with a completely unrelated degree, did 2 years in a unrelated clerical job and then another 2 years in a different unrelated clerical job - and then eventually got a clerical job in a HR department - am now fully qualified HR professional.

Marmite Mon 18-Jun-07 10:16:08

Trained at my local hospital as a nurse, stayed there for about 12 years working my way up the grades then joined the RAF on a short service commission.

womba1 Mon 18-Jun-07 10:20:12

God knows why, but i wanted to work in Retail. So, my first job was as a Saturday girl in Sainsbury, i then went full time after gaining my A-Levels, and became a Training Manager, then Dept Manager, Duty Manager, Store Manager, and finally trained to be a Personnel Manager.

RuthT Fri 22-Jun-07 20:47:30

I wanted to get into HR after my science degree and my first role was a HR Officer on a contract. The next role was on contract as a medical sales rep (did not do this for long!) then back into HR where I have stayed for 13 yrs - now HR Director.

Why?

cat64 Fri 22-Jun-07 20:51:52

Message withdrawn

pointydog Fri 22-Jun-07 21:01:59

first paid career related job was fundraising assistant in a hospice

Take it this is just a nosey thread, ccc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now