Husband forced to leave :(

(14 Posts)
pinklips Thu 06-Sep-18 17:58:28

I'm so angry on my husbands behalf for the poor treatment from his company. It means we will now be left with a possibility of him with his career over.

Long story short, he suffered a work injury 2 years ago. He had long-term sick leave and 2 operations to attempt to fix the injury. His work did not offer any support during this time. He had a phased return to work and he has not been treated the same as he used to. He is now considered under the Equality Act 2010 as assessed by consultant. He used to have a company car, phone, cards for purchasing work items, work equipment provided and support.

After his return, he had none of these contracted items returned to him. He was relying on other colleagues to drive him around. He felt like a liability. At one point he was left at a clients house with no means of getting back to office. He had no phone/numbers to contact anyone on and in the end had to Google the office number on his personal phone to get some help. He was left sat in houses unable to complete jobs due to not being able to purchase items or not having the correct equipment. He felt pushed out and like they were trying to say he can't do his job. In the end he had enough and has handed in his notice.

Sorry for the ramble but I'm carrying his sadness and need to vent. 13 years he has given them and all his boss did was smile when he handed in his notice!

OP’s posts: |
Welshgirl40 Thu 06-Sep-18 18:00:45

Constructive dismissal, at least. I’d say find a solicitor.

mrs2468 Thu 06-Sep-18 18:12:54

Did he ask for support and the equipment to do his job? From what you say he could have a case speak to a solicitor

pinklips Thu 06-Sep-18 18:17:42

Yes he asked for the equipment and his company phone back. He also went into the office and asked multiple times for purchase books. They didn't supply him with anything he needed sad

OP’s posts: |
Judashascomeintosomemoney Thu 06-Sep-18 18:18:13

Blimey, constructive dismissal and possibly discrimination. Definitely speak to an employment lawyer

pinklips Thu 06-Sep-18 18:31:45

We are not very confrontational people but I think we do need advice on this! We are very hurt at the moment. I will need to look into it sad

OP’s posts: |
DarlingNikita Thu 06-Sep-18 18:38:54

Solicitor. I know a good one. PM me.


HoleyCoMoley Thu 06-Sep-18 18:40:44

He can call,ACAS. They sound a horrid bunch, hope He takes them to the cleaners and wins.

Racecardriver Thu 06-Sep-18 18:43:39

He needs to sue for constructive dismissal and also for the injury if he hasn't already been adequately compensated.

pinklips Thu 06-Sep-18 19:39:33

This is the thing, we are already going through the process of claiming for loss of earnings which don't nearly cover what he has lost in reality. He will get a bit of compensation but that will cover our fees. We won't get back everything that he lost or the damage this has done to our relationship. This is why they have pushed him out. They didn't want him back, even said as much. So if we then go to a solicitor about his discrimination/forced dismissal, I don't know how it would work with his loss of earnings claim?

OP’s posts: |
user1471461798 Thu 06-Sep-18 19:44:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StopPOP Thu 06-Sep-18 21:14:01

How did the injury occur? Through what means are you claiming loss of earnings? Sorry you're going through this, it's horrendous I know. We're almost five years into my DH suffering an injury at work.

Ylvamoon Sat 08-Sep-18 11:48:12

I think we need to know the nature of the injury. Because if it's limiting his ability to work/ no reasonable adjustments are possible than the whole situation looks a bit different.
(For example: can he drive? If no: this could be physically not able or taking certain medication that would make it dangerous. In this case, the company can't do much for him.... they have obviously tried and failed. = claim for loss of earning / compensation is probably the right answer. )

sunshineNdaisies Sat 08-Sep-18 12:46:20

definitely disability discrimination but be careful, you can only claim up to 3 months less one day from the last date of discrimination (which would be his notice day). I'd go down the disability discrimination route rather than the constructive dismissal which is harder to win. Get a solicitor asap and it should have no impact on your loss of earnings claim

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in