What to expect

(8 Posts)
tupeornottupe1 Mon 30-Jul-18 15:39:19

I have worked full time for company A for 6 years , however they have just lost the contract .
Company B has won it , I think I may be expected to be the voice of the local staff ( company A& B are based at the other end of the country but not near each other )
Has anybody been in this situation before , how long did it take for the the process to take ? did it affect your hours / pay ?
I have been told they can not change your contract for three months, is this right ?

I have had a look on ACAS's web site but I would like to here from people that have been through it .

Any help or ideas would be great .

OP’s posts: |
Stinkbomb Tue 31-Jul-18 13:56:43

Wouldn't this would be a TUPE situation?

mumofthe21stcentury Tue 31-Jul-18 23:27:27

Hi there, do you mean that you work for company A and it is being acquired (bought out) by company B? Your concern is not sure what will happen to your job after the merger/acquisition?

If the two companies are merging, if there is a need for your role, your job would be transferred to company B. If they no longer require you, they would offer you a redundancy package.

Hope this helps.

tupeornottupe1 Wed 01-Aug-18 14:14:01

stinkbomb

yes this will be a tupe , I am just not sure what to expect .

tupeornottupe1 Wed 01-Aug-18 14:21:15

Mumofthe21stcentury
Company A lost the contract so company B that won it will be taking over ,
at the moment we do not know if they will be bringing their own staff and so putting us out of work or if they will keep us on for a few weeks / months or permanently.
so as PP has said we should be TUPE'd over but nobody seems sure at the moment

LeroyJenkins Wed 01-Aug-18 14:24:39

Why would B hire you? Do they gave enough staff to cover the job?
Surely they would bring in their own people, and then no worrying about length of device etc?

LeroyJenkins Wed 01-Aug-18 14:31:20

I don't think they have to tupe you, company A might have to make you all redundant

tupeornottupe1 Wed 01-Aug-18 15:07:45

Thank for your response LeroyJenkins

I do not know anything about Company B other than that they are based at the other end of the country so even if they did have enough staff to replace us it would mean their staff would have to relocate 250+ miles .

In theory company A could relocate some / all of us but it would be under a completely diff job spec due to the nature of what we do .
So yes redundancy may be a option as fare as they are concerned .

At the moment I am hoping for TUPE but I do not really know what this intalis

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in