Interview today and over thinking. Need to get a grip

(5 Posts)
notaflyingmonkey Mon 30-Jul-18 08:37:03

Worked at same place ages. Should have left ages ago, but struggled with confidence. Saw a job advertised while all relaxed on holiday recently and thought I'd apply. Interview is today. I have spent the weekend preparing, and as a consequence have probably over prepared. I am now sitting here gripped with misgivings about it all - I'm going to look an idiot, I'm going to dry up, fluff the questions, etc.

It's a small industry that I work in, so it's very possible I will know other applicants, and will see the CEO at events in the future. Who will all know that I am the twat who screwed up their interview. My hands are literally shaking just thinking about it and am having to think about my breathing. FFS.

I have told nobody IRL other than DH, so just needed to share on here and hope for some supportive comments please. I have zero self confidence at the moment.

OP’s posts: |
twirlywoooooh Mon 30-Jul-18 08:41:53

Ah this was me until 4 weeks ago! Been in my current job for 9 years and finally plucked up the courage to better my career. I had several interviews and told myself to stay calm because at the end of the day you have the power ... your in a position to choose the right job for you and not just take one because your desperate ( out of work etc)
You’ll be absolutely fine!! I’m sure of it 😊

Don’t stress about it ( easier said than done)

Take some notes with you and just be yourself ! Good luck! Keep up posted!

notaflyingmonkey Mon 30-Jul-18 18:57:40

Thanks for the support twirly. I'm home, it's over. I can't believe I got so bloody worked up about it. I'm going to chalk it up to experience, and start to seriously get myself out there.

Once I've eaten the chocolate and drunk the gin I stopped off and bought myself on the way home! gin

twirlywoooooh Mon 30-Jul-18 19:51:33

Did it go well? Did they give you compentcy based questions? I hated those!!! Talk about putting me on the spot! And I studied my answers hard... just all went out the window as soon as I got there lol

notaflyingmonkey Wed 01-Aug-18 16:14:40

I did well in the interview but didn't get the job - I wasn't the person they wanted (but was probably the person they needed...) Anyway, it was a good experience to go for an interview and I didn't disgrace myself!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in