TUPE Change Contract

(8 Posts)
SugarSweet1 Sun 22-Jul-18 20:07:34

I've been told after a reasonable amount of tome my employer can change my terms and conditions,

The terms and conditions offered are less favourable than current ones.

I'm aware of ETO reasoning but don't think these apply,

Could any of this be correct? They can't change my contract without my agreement can they?

OP’s posts: |
flossietoot Sun 22-Jul-18 20:08:55

Depends what it is- I am in the process of changing staff contracts in relation to pension due to business need.

SugarSweet1 Sun 22-Jul-18 21:19:39

Cut to pay, however those who have agreed new contract have had a pay rise but have lost sick pay and now have to work bank holidays.

SugarSweet1 Sun 22-Jul-18 21:20:23

15% cut 😬

flowery Sun 22-Jul-18 22:09:29

See your last thread on this on 10 July for my advice.

flossietoot Mon 23-Jul-18 05:30:27

They probably can following a consultation period and if they are able to show the business can no longer afford it and you face redundancy as an alternative.

1vandal2 Mon 23-Jul-18 06:01:59

They can't legally make anyone work bank Holidays but they don't have to pay you for being off

flowery Mon 23-Jul-18 09:10:06

"They can't legally make anyone work bank Holidays"

Where on earth do you get that idea from? It's no more difficult to change terms and conditions to include working bank holidays than it is to change them in other ways.

OP I suggest if you want meaningful advice you come back to threads you start rather than starting new ones asking the same thing a couple of weeks later.

It also doesn't make sense to say that those who have agreed the new contract have had a pay rise in return, yet the change you say they are trying to force through is a pay cut.

If they're offering a pay rise in return for a reduction in sick pay and changing hours to work bank holidays, you just need to weigh up whether you consider that to be worth it. If you don't, bear in mind that if there is good business reason for the change and they consult properly, they could force it through, particularly if overall you are not worse off financially, therefore have no demonstrable loss.

However if they are just literally reducing your pay by 15%, that would be difficult for them to force through.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in