Maternity policy help?

(8 Posts)
daimbars Tue 26-Jun-18 19:39:50

Any HR people out there who could advise on maternity policy wording?

If your company paid 4 months full pay to employees on maternity leave as long as they had completed 2 years of continuous service, and a woman's due date was pretty much exactly her 2 year work anniversary would she get the 4 months pay? Assuming she wanted to start her maternity leave a couple of weeks before her due date?

OP’s posts: |
Phoebebuffaybannahammock Tue 26-Jun-18 19:46:06

I’d think not as it wouldn’t be 2 years continuous, there’s be a break before the 2 years anniversary

InNeedOfALieInNow Tue 26-Jun-18 19:48:49

All the maternity policies I’ve seen say the continuous service needs to be completed before the qualifying week. The qualifying week is normally the 15th week before due date but should be specified in the policy

flowery Tue 26-Jun-18 19:50:50

What is the exact wording of the policy?

popcorndiva Tue 26-Jun-18 19:54:20

My company specified the 15th week before EDD to qualify for company paternity pay ..ours is just 1 year though

daimbars Tue 26-Jun-18 20:53:39

I didn't read anything about a qualifying week, I'll look at the intranet again tomorrow and report back. Thanks for the advice.

daimbars Wed 27-Jun-18 09:42:31

Ah yes you are right, you qualify from 15 weeks before the estimated due date. Thanks for the help.

GameOfMinges Wed 27-Jun-18 10:52:24

Ah you'll miss it then. I was going to say though, if it had said at date ML is taken, you might potentially have been able to use annual leave first? ML starts automatically if you give birth, but if you'd gone overdue it might have worked!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in