Anxious about interview

(4 Posts)
Sorry10 Fri 22-Jun-18 11:04:46

I'm so anxious went for a interview on Tuesday felt it went really well and was told should hear by the end of the week. Its now Friday I've e-mailed the recruitment agency who sent me for the interview to ask for feedback but no reply yet . I can't relax at work as I so want this job it would be perfect for me. Its my 4th interview in the last few weeks so I really hope I don't get turned down again its horrible for my self esteem. I have another interview for another job on Monday which also sounds great but If I get offered this job I will take it . I hate my current job I keep dreaming of handing in my notice to my annoying boss who constantly micro manages everyone . I'm so anxious constantly checking my phone and e-mails but I know I'll be crushed if I hear bad news. some reassurance would be great or if I don't the job any interview tips as I will have to smash the next interview. thanks

OP’s posts: |
Sorry10 Fri 22-Jun-18 11:19:51

Just had a e-mail back its a no , they said I cam across really well and interviewed really well they just went with someone in the same sector so that's some consultation. I feel ok tbh its a relief now I know.
I really need to smash the next interview any advice gratefully received.

daisychain01 Fri 22-Jun-18 20:32:06

If I can be of any support I will try, but it would help if you can give any clues as to where you think things are going awry.

It seems the latest interview was a 'no' for reasons other than anything you've done.

What feedback did you get from previous interviews, so we can work on things you need to improve on.

Where do you feel you need to make improvements?
- more prep?
- difficulty in selling yourself and showcasing your skills?
- nerves on interview day and clamming up?

Don't take it personally or think it's just you, there are many reasons why decisions get made about who should get the job, many are outside your control.

Key thing is to pick yourself up dust yourself off and keep trying!

And just for solidarity, if there's one thing I absolutely hate, it's micromanagement. I'm currently managing a new team and constantly remind myself to step away and let the team get on with their job, because I don't want to micromanage them. But they do know I'm there if they need me. It's a fine balance.

Sorry10 Sat 23-Jun-18 08:37:11

Hi thanks for your comment, the feedback I’ve had all positive just competition strong somebody else had the edge . I think I’m selling myself well and doing my best . I’m not going to put too much pressure on myself I’m going to prepare over the weekend I know I can do the job and I have the experience. I hate the waiting after the interview that’s the worst bit .

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in