I'm going to lose my job aren't I?

(12 Posts)
Miladamermalada Thu 14-Jun-18 20:41:10

Well good luck!

MyNicknameDoesntMeanAthing Thu 14-Jun-18 20:33:52

I'm aware it's loads. I'm not disputing that for a second!
My previous job I had 6 days in 3 years. No idea why I'm sick so much now!

Well what will be will be. Nowt I can do to change it!

OP’s posts: |
Miladamermalada Thu 14-Jun-18 20:31:46

That's loads since October OP, not even a year. It's also letting down the colleagues. Care homes are short staffed at the best of times so having someone persistently ring in really lets the team down.
If it is a valid condition you can be supported with the health but for numerous viruses etc you will be struggling to keep a job anywhere with that record. Sorry x

Clairetree1 Thu 14-Jun-18 20:10:47

That is a very poor attendance record. You should ask to be referred to occupational health. They can assess you and see if there is any reason why your health is so unreliable

RoseanneBarred Thu 14-Jun-18 20:08:17

Sorry op, I think that's loads. I wouldn't be keeping you on.

MyNicknameDoesntMeanAthing Thu 14-Jun-18 20:03:59

I've had 9 'instances of sickness' most just 1 or 2 days.
I could have been sick for longer but because it's shift work I'm only ill for 1 or 2 work days iykwim.

Well I've got an interview for next week just in case. So fingers crossed.

BoxsetsAndPopcorn Thu 14-Jun-18 18:59:01

Depends how long you have had off, hard to say without knowing if it's a couple of days, weeks etc.

Advertisement

Miladamermalada Thu 14-Jun-18 13:05:54

How long have you had off?
It goes in your favour to have one lengthy period rather than a few 'two days here and there' which make it look like you just fancy a rest every so often. There are only so many bugs you can catch etc.
That being said you'd get another job tomorrow so nothing to worry about!

MyNicknameDoesntMeanAthing Thu 14-Jun-18 12:59:51

Thank you. Im going to send my cv off to a few other companies just in case!

june04 Thu 14-Jun-18 12:48:41

I agree with shotsfired you'll be ok

ShotsFired Thu 14-Jun-18 12:37:34

Care work is desperate for people all the time. I don't honestly think you will have a big issue finding a new role, especially if you are upfront about your sick record (if they even ask).

MyNicknameDoesntMeanAthing Thu 14-Jun-18 12:25:35

I'm a carer in a care home and I started working for my current employer in October 2017. I was on an initial 6 month probation which they extended as I had more sickness than they ' allow' ( some of this was actually due to a bug I caught grin the home!) . They said I can't have any more days off sick during the 3 months they extended my probation for and if i do they might terminate my contract.

Well today i am off as I've pulled a muscle in my back. I'm in so much pain. It hurts to sit. It hurts to stand. I've hardly slept as it hurts so much. If I had gone into work I don't know how much I could have done.

I'm screwed aren't I? I'm going to lose my job and no one will hire me with a bad sickness record. sad

I'm so worried.
Please can some one reassure me?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in