How likely am I to ever find a job like this?

(12 Posts)
YullBeHappy Fri 08-Jun-18 07:24:33

I'm not based in London anymore so finding something local is far trickier, I've come to realise!

Don't legal secretaries need experience in that field?

I would've thought hotel reception would be the obvious answer but the only ones I've seen are advertised to start late evening and finish in the morning

OP’s posts: |
EmmaC78 Fri 08-Jun-18 06:54:36

I was going to suggest a legal firm too. Thry quitr often have twilight secretary's who come in after the main admin support have left and they cover any solicitors working late.

2gorgeousboys Thu 07-Jun-18 22:18:28

I had the perfect call centre job when DS1 was a baby. 5:30 - 8:30 Monday to Thursday and one Saturday morning a month (which was overtime so double time!).

LilacIris Thu 07-Jun-18 21:35:30

Supermarkets.

knowledgeofnone Thu 07-Jun-18 21:32:58

My husband does 3 3hrish shifts working in a bookies usually at night for example 615-945 they change each week though and it can be very very boring!!

KatyaZamolodchikova Thu 07-Jun-18 21:23:03

Nope. Totally ignored the ‘Medical Secretary’ part of your post op!

KatyaZamolodchikova Thu 07-Jun-18 21:22:25

Call centre jobs? Or in care?

Advertisement

Rainshowers Thu 07-Jun-18 21:21:01

Not sure where you’re based, but I’ve seen a couple of evening reception jobs and evening legal sec jobs based in London advertised before. Maybe a hotel reception?

sobersandra Thu 07-Jun-18 21:19:25

Support worker? Caring type role in the community?

ruddynorah Thu 07-Jun-18 21:12:32

Retail. Or did you not want weekends? I've worked at both m&s and IKEA who do those shifts 5-9pm.

MeanTangerine Thu 07-Jun-18 21:10:54

Pub?

YullBeHappy Thu 07-Jun-18 21:08:14

4 hours every evening or 4 hours in the evening for 4 evenings a week?

I applied for a fabulous position at my local hospital. Very similar to my current job title (Medical Secretary), but far less focused on being a 'PA', as such, to anyone.

I won't go into too much detail but I need these hours so I've next to no childcare costs and it fits around my DS's particular needs.

My skills and experience are in PA/Administration.

Is there anything else I could do in the evenings apart from working in the hospital? I think getting those hours in a hospital are like gold dust anyway 

They fit perfectly for me.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in