Is this a no brainer..?

(7 Posts)
mammasmadhouse Fri 27-Apr-18 08:04:06

I have been shortlisted for a post which is a promotion, the only thing I am debating about is that the JD states that the post holder may be required to other universities (in the UK) for meetings. I am not sure how often or whether this is even a definite requirement but I do not have any back up in terms of childcare support for the school run etc.
OH works nights, not sure whether I should withdraw or not as I don't want to commit to something I can,t follow through. What would you do?

OP’s posts: |
Vangoghsear Fri 27-Apr-18 08:05:26

I suggest going to the interview and finding out how often the meetings are.

EBearhug Fri 27-Apr-18 08:07:32

I would ask more questions about the frequency, and also look at childcare options. Say it was once a quarter, then it could be feasible for your OH to take the time off. If it's weekly, less so. But we aren't the ones who will know.

JackieReacher Fri 27-Apr-18 08:08:57

If you are offered the job, sort out childcare. Almost easier to do if it's regular

silverpenguin Fri 27-Apr-18 08:09:44

I'd go to the interview and ask them.

AgentHannahWells Fri 27-Apr-18 08:10:26

Go for the promotion and find a way to make it work. Trust me! I am stuck in my role because I fit my life round a shift worker. Now I have the flexibility I needed then, but I've been in the same job too long.

EBearhug Fri 27-Apr-18 12:06:33

Also - you're on a shortlist. There's no actual decision needed till you have the offer. So go for it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in