Redundancy Consultation

(3 Posts)
laura1067 Sun 22-Apr-18 17:32:46

After 26 years of working in a school, I am faced with redundancy. It is still in the consultation period. I am currently applying for jobs whilst trying to plead my case to my employer who by the way is having none of it. I feel like going on the sick as I am mentally exhausted with it. Should I carry on going in or go sick?

OP’s posts: |
Figgygal Sun 22-Apr-18 17:35:43

I'd carry on be dignified and get it over with if you think it's that inevitable

Going sick if you dont need to might draw it out slightly but likely to make a difficult situation even more difficult.

But that's just my opinion

MitziK Thu 04-Apr-19 20:30:30

It'll make it harder to get another job if you're off sick at the time of applying.

I'm in almost the same situation, just a bit further along (I expect the no, fuck off, you're not having an alternative job, letter the first week back from Easter). The only reason I am still putting myself through the stress is because I need to get another job by June although if DP earned enough to cover the bills, I'd have said Just Give Me The Money when they first asked for voluntaries and considered going off sick

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in