How much should I charge him?

(5 Posts)
Lorddenning1 Wed 18-Apr-18 23:12:51

A local businessman asked me to do some admin work for him, it took me around 1 hour to do and he asked me how much does he owe me, iv no idea what to tell him, I know we should of agreed a price before I started, how much is reasonable for 1 hours work on a computer?

OP’s posts: |
FirstTimeRound984 Thu 19-Apr-18 01:50:10

I'd say £10-£20 per hour depending on the work. I do a bit of admin for my DP's business and he 'gives' me like £20-£30 - doesn't give like cash in hand but says buy something you want to the value of X. Its only sending emails and doing invoices (less than an hours work tbf but almost every day)
Or if you feel uncomfortable taking money just say get us a bottle of <your preferred tipple>

Catinthecorner Thu 19-Apr-18 02:37:12

Depends on the admin work really.

Lorddenning1 Thu 19-Apr-18 06:35:24

@FirstTimeRound984 I was thinking £10 myself but I didn't know of this was too much smile
@Catinthecorner he wanted me to design a new form, he showed me the layout he wanted and I did it smile

OP’s posts: |
Catinthecorner Thu 19-Apr-18 14:12:53

I’d ask for £20-30. If he’d gone to a professional VA they’d charge a bit more and it devalues their skills if you go too low.

While it was easy for you, it was obviously something he either didn’t have the skill base to do And/or he didn’t want to invest a lot of his time figuring it out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in