Talk

Advanced search

Fit Note Amended Duties

(2 Posts)
Anxious2018 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:58:06

Morning all

Just after some advice. My sickness record at work is not great as I've had some issues with depression and anxiety for various reasons. I'm not any official warnings but I worry that it doesn't reflect well at work.

So due to having a miscarriage I have been trying my best to keep working and my manager has been supportive and allowed me to work from home. I've been feeling very down and depressed because of what's happened as well as some other personal reasons.

So I have had my medication increased (citolopram) and I compromised with my doctor to have a fit not to say I can work from home for the next 2 weeks instead of full time off.

I know my employer doesn't have to accept this. I spoke to my manager this morning and he has said just get rest and put your out of office on and do some work in the background when I can. And he will let senior management know that I'm signed off for 2 weeks.

So what does this mean? Does this mean I will have this down as sickness absence for 2 weeks? Surely I can't do that and work from home at the same time? The whole point was that I could do work at home and not have to worry about more sickness on my record.

Confused!!!

twoplytwoply Tue 13-Feb-18 17:33:30

If your employer doesn't want to accept or accommodate the amended duties, they have to take the fit note to mean you aren't fit for work for that period.

Either they let you work from home or they say you're off sick. They can't have it both ways. You need to clarify with them how they're treating it, and don't work if they're treating it as sick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now