Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Help needed!

(3 Posts)
TeaFanatic Sun 11-Feb-18 20:26:53

Hi, we have someone come into our work for a few weeks throughout the year. When he arrived I did around 5 weeks of work with him. He mentioned to my supervisor that he thought I’d do well at what he does, which is a higher level than what I do if that makes sense. It was his last week two weeks ago and he dropped into conversation that he’d love for me to become his assistant. I explained that as I haven’t got the training I sadly couldn’t but would love to in the future. He then said that by being his assistant and have xyz experience for so long I could do a top up course. We left on good terms. However I can’t get this conversation out of my mind. Would you think it’d be wise to follow it up with an email and get some more information? I’d love to eventually do the role so I’m intrigued by it but I don’t know if it was him being genuine or just saying I’d be good at it if you see what I mean. In my position would you email? Thanks in advance.

Newbieuser1880 Sun 11-Feb-18 20:36:44

Yes show your interest. Maybe email and see if you can have call with him to chat it through. I don’t think it’s been said without it being genuine. Plus if you’re not ready this is a way to build somethings into a development plan. Good lucks

TeaFanatic Sun 11-Feb-18 20:42:25

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think it’ll write out an email this evening, to send tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: