Talk

Advanced search

Handing in notice after 2 weeks

(9 Posts)
Esseyexxx Mon 05-Feb-18 17:32:01

So towards the end of last year I went for an interview at a great company but sadly didn’t get the role as someone else had a tad more experience. I’ve had a temporary job and started a new permanent job 2 1/2 weeks ago. I’m really not enjoying this new job and was delighted when the first role that I was interviewed for last year called to say they would like to offer me the role due to expansion of the business. Now my question I need to quit the new job I’ve been at 2 weeks but how do I go about telling them? What shall I say? I’m normally fine at things like this but at this place their rude, have been getting annoyed with me asking questions saying their patience is running out on a Friday when I need help etc. I feel like telling them to stuff their job but obviously I’m not going to smile need to go about it in the right way to say I’m leaving after 2 weeks?

Willswife Mon 05-Feb-18 17:39:58

Arrange a meeting with your Manager. Tell them that the job isn't working out for either of you and therefore you are resigning.

daisychain01 Tue 06-Feb-18 04:39:30

I’m really not enjoying this new job and was delighted when the first role that I was interviewed for last year called to say they would like to offer me the role due to expansion of the business

Called? Or called, then confirmed their offer in writing eg by email? Make sure you have a firm job offer before you do anything about your current job.

.And make sure the new company reconfirmed things like salary, holidays etc so you don't get caught by surprise that something has changed.

HollyBollyBooBoo Tue 06-Feb-18 05:48:26

Just what Willswife said. They sound as if they won't give two hoots about you personally but it'll be an inconvenience to them so may get arsey. Keep calm, stay professional and leave!

Esseyexxx Tue 06-Feb-18 13:48:22

Met with the director yesterday to run through the job and holidays etc. Am just waiting for her to send through contact. Will quit once I have the contract smile

retirednow Tue 06-Feb-18 21:48:44

You may not even need to give any notice if youve only been there a few weeks.

CoffeenoTea Sun 11-Feb-18 22:06:05

if you don't need the reference, why not treat them like they treat you. just forget to go back there.

GreenTulips Sun 11-Feb-18 22:11:12

Seriously what are you waiting for?

Some jobs just don't suit!

Well down look forward not back

Pollyinapocket Sun 11-Feb-18 22:26:01

Finally received my contract on Friday after the following happened AGAIN regarding their patience running out. I was told ‘don’t worry my patience is normally at 100 all the time at the minute it’s 20 so you’ve got abit of a way to go yet before it completely runs out’ angry should of quit there and then tbh! Tomorrow’s the day I quit ahh! Thanks everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now