Advanced search

Grasp the next rung of the career ladder

Find jobs that fit your kills and your home life with Mumsnet jobs

See all jobs »

Pay not sure if it's right

(12 Posts)
mum2benicole Sat 03-Feb-18 19:19:16

Ok so I had 3 weeks on the sick without sick pay or anything along them lines(was told because of my contract hours which are 4h per week and the requirements of other things I didn't qualify for sick pay ). I was told I would be getting paid for 20.5 hours my contact hours +12.5 additional hours that I worked as extra. I got my pay slip and it has basic hours xxxamount additional hours xxxamount and sick adjustment -90 so that have took 12hours that I've worked already off my pay so I've basically paid them to be on the sick?
Anyone no if that's right or not I'm totally confused as I've worked the whole 20.5 hours but had 12hoyrs took off
Thanks x

daisychain01 Sun 04-Feb-18 09:54:05

Do you have a written contract of employment - it should talk about how sick pay is calculated and paid according to your contracted hours.

mum2benicole Sun 04-Feb-18 15:45:11

I'll have to dig it out and see I've been there 2 years and been in the sick once before this time and never had this that time x

PersianCatLady Mon 05-Feb-18 09:28:37

I presume that -90 is £90 so what is your hourly rate?

If the number of hours you were not in because you were sick multiplied by your hourly rate =£90 then it sounds about right.

flowery Mon 05-Feb-18 10:54:46

I’m confused. How many hours did you actually work and how many hours did you get paid for?

mum2benicole Sat 10-Feb-18 19:27:09

I got my basic contract pay which was £130 plus additional hours of 12.5 which was £93.75 they deducted 12 hours which was the £90 I'm on a 4 hour contract at £7.50ph but I didn't get sick pay or anything so the hours I work as extra I didn't get paid I've asked and they said it cancels eachother out and they said I'm lucky to have work the 12 hours more because I would have got pennies for my wage.
it's confusing I've basically worked for nothing.
I'm not sure if for the week's I was of I will lose on next month's wage as well as 2 of the week's fall in for February's wage so I'd be losing money twice.
which I really can't afford I needed the full wage this month I'm hoping they don't take more x

flowery Sat 10-Feb-18 20:46:06

If you didn't work for 3 weeks and normally do 4 hours each week, then deducting 12 hours sounds right, surely?! It sounds like it was 12 hours of work you were absent for.

Why do you think you've worked for nothing?

SundaysFunday Sat 10-Feb-18 20:54:12

So you don't get paid when you were off sick?

What are they making the deduction for?

AlexanderHamilton Sat 10-Feb-18 21:01:18

The way you describe it is confusing.

A few questions

How often are you paid?

For the time period this payslip confers how many hours did you actually work contract time, how many hours did you actually work & how many hours would you have worked if you had not been sick?

insancerre Sun 11-Feb-18 10:10:36

It sounds right to me
You did 12.5 hours extra but missed 12 hours off sick
130 + 93.75-90 =133.75

How much did you get paid?

mum2benicole Sun 11-Feb-18 19:21:37

I got paid the 133.75
I should have been paid for 20.5 hours as that's what I had already worked. But had 12 hours took off.
I get paid monthly and it works from the last 2 weeks of the month and beginning 2 weeks of the next month or so and the contacted hours are 4 a week.
the week's I was sick for only 1.5 weeks would have been in that pay month but they took all 3 weeks in that pay month.
so basically I was at for the 20.5 hours that pay month I went to work and was there but I took 3 weeks unpaid sick and lost 12 worked hours pay.
It dost make sence I don't no it's so confusing I asked a few girls at work and they have no idea either

insancerre Sun 11-Feb-18 19:39:43

Your basic pay is £130
4x £7.50 x 52 divided by 12
That's your monthly pay
Adjustments may be added or taken away
I think you have been paid correctly and can't see your issue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now