Feel a phoney

(6 Posts)
candlefloozy Mon 22-Jan-18 16:09:28

I feel like I've got my job by fluke. Been in it nearly a year and I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing!!

OP’s posts: |
monkeywithacowface Mon 22-Jan-18 16:10:48

Yup me too (well only been there a few months). I didn't even apply for a job they approached me but still feel a total imposter!

candlefloozy Mon 22-Jan-18 16:36:33

That's the same as me! I'm being observed by the hierarchy this week and next. I've been feeling awful about it. I just feel like they'll realise what a mistake they've made and try and get me out!!

Minimonkeysmum Mon 22-Jan-18 16:42:55

Yes! Although there is actually a thing called 'imposter syndrome' that lots of high achieving women apparently experience - made me feel like perhaps it's actually pretty normal.

candlefloozy Mon 22-Jan-18 18:41:56

@Minimonkeysmum never heard of that. But sounds like that's what I do have. I feel like I can do the management side and know the important things but on the ground stuff I just don't and don't have any recent experience

Minimonkeysmum Tue 23-Jan-18 08:11:25

What I took from it is that everyone is winging it to a certain extent. If you're management, and good at managing, it doesn't matter if you don't know the details of the on the ground stuff. You can manage other people to do that for you!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in