Work is making me ill

(2 Posts)
treze Tue 16-Jan-18 20:54:00

I started work as a companion (self employed)now due to my clients declining health I am cooking ,ironing, doing laundry,cleaning,dhow Erin her and washing her,dressing her,doing her hair/nails,and lastly and most difficult helping her with her toilet and she often has upset stomach and sickness. I'm at my wits end.her husband is also needing food prepared and errands run.this is not what I was employed to do but I I don't know how to say no.i hate myself.i suffer with depression and anxiety and the job has got more like nursing care as she is ill most of the time.i don't know how to address it.i work mornings but by the afternoon I am in no mood to do anything.im getting more and more ill.please can anybody help? The other thing is my pay has not increased even though my workload is much more.thanks

OP’s posts: |
CheapSausagesAndSpam Wed 17-Jan-18 06:03:38

Join an agency...start lookjng for a new job. In the meantime have a talk with your employers and tell them they need a cleaner and a carer....that your job description wasn't nursing care.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in