Talk

Advanced search

Hay Method

(2 Posts)
RandomDreams Tue 05-Dec-17 14:08:42

Has anyone had their job and as an extension their job pay re-evaluated via the Hay Method? Our somewhat large organisation has announced that everyone's jobs are to be evaluated and our wages changed based on the results of the Hay Method evaluation.

I've done a bit of reading and I'm not filled with confidence, has anyone got any experience of going through this?

prh47bridge Tue 05-Dec-17 18:35:28

Yes. What do you want to know? I was trained in the Hay method and was part of the team evaluating roles for an employer once. I still have the evaluation charts!

From my experience the Hay method of job evaluation is a good way for determining the relative value to the organisation of various roles. However, it needs to be comprehensive - there is no value in using it for a single job role in isolation.

It should lead to jobs being put into grades which have salaries attached. It is then up to the organisation to sort out the pay scale for each grade. The organisation I was involved with used a salary survey but then found that some roles had to be given a market rate adjustment as the salary for the grade did not match the salary for similar roles in the market.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now