Talk

Advanced search

Notice period

(3 Posts)
Scarlete Fri 01-Dec-17 21:05:49

I was wandering if someone could offer me advice. I hate my current job since my manager is a bully. She speaks rudely to staff (in front of other staff members) which causes an uncomfortable environment. I handed in my notice on Tuesday the 28th and mentioned a trial shift on Sunday (baring in mind i’ve never worked a weekend there). I’ve seen the rota for next week and she’s put me in for the Sunday during the trial shift she knows I have. I was told i’ve already let the team down by leaving and I have to be there otherwise everyone’s going to struggle. I hate it there and the thought of working 2 weeks makes me want to cry. What will happen if I call in sick during my notice period?? Should probably mention I work in the cafe of a large chain department store.

distillary Sun 03-Dec-17 01:19:43

They can't prove you're not sick and you're leaving anyway. They sound like arseholes.

CandleLit Sun 03-Dec-17 01:28:28

Does your contract state what notice period you have to give? If it doesn't stipulate two weeks, can you afford move it up? Try swapping shifts if that is feasible or remind her of your pre-planned appointment and stand firm. Go above her head if needs be. Sounds like she's trying to sabotage you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now