When are induction days usually held?

(5 Posts)
MyMorningHasBroken Fri 17-Nov-17 16:38:06

Hi, I was offered a job a week or so ago. My DBS is being processed and I am waiting to start. I have not yet been given a start date but was told asap.

I've just had an email saying my induction will be the 1st December. Does this mean employment will commence after this?

I am desperate to start work as a previous job offer fell through leaving me in a right mess. (that's another story).

I'm worried now though that if this induction is not until 1st December (which is a Friday) my job might not start until a week or two after this.
Or is induction usually done once employment has started? I've been paying out for childcare which I sorted out back in September as I thought I'd be starting this other job by October and it's nearly Christmas. I doubt I will be paid before anyway but every week counts atm.

OP’s posts: |
MonkeyJumping Fri 17-Nov-17 16:39:41

My induction day has always either been my first day of a job or held a couple of weeks after I've started because they are doing it with other new joiners. I wouldn't expect it to happen before you start.

MyMorningHasBroken Fri 17-Nov-17 16:53:27

Thank You Monkey smile

MyMorningHasBroken Fri 17-Nov-17 16:54:05

I know others are starting in the next few weeks as there were several positions being filled.

daisychain01 Fri 17-Nov-17 17:54:01

You induction should be your first day of employment. Did they give you an offer letter? It should state in the letter your first official day of employment.

The company can't expect you to use your own time for training, you need to be paid during that time, as it's part of your job.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in