Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

My job is a farce

(5 Posts)
duploduplo Mon 13-Nov-17 22:50:15

I have recently got a job in a well known organisation after a period of time out of work. I’ve returned to the role I trained in, but in a different area. I’ve had little in terms of induction and haven’t been able to ‘learn the ropes’ of the place’ as everyone seems too busy.

This is a job where I need experience working with others, in order to deliver what I need to do. I have spoken to someone about this, but it’s not really improving. I feel ill equipped. I’ve been here a few months already and I’m getting nowhere. I started lone working yesterday. I don’t feel accepted into the team. Shall I just leave? It seems like the easiest option, but then I am left with no job again. I had high hopes for this job!

mercurymaze Mon 13-Nov-17 22:59:48

Sounds like my new job been there 2 months and so much to learn and hardly anyone about to ask I'm giving it 6 months

goingbonkers123 Mon 13-Nov-17 23:11:05

I’d directly ask the people I needed to work with and arrange it myself. They maybe expecting you to do that rather than wait for someone to do it for you. Or have you already done that and they’re saying no?

Alternatively as to shadow other team members for a day?

duploduplo Tue 14-Nov-17 07:29:00

I have done than yes. It’s just so awkward. I’m trying to give it six months as well.

AlternativeTentacle Tue 14-Nov-17 07:33:07

Can you just book timeslots in, and tell them what you need to know and write it all down so that you know?

We all work remotely, so have had to do all ours by skype. I just put appointments into people's calenders and said 'I do x and am responsible for y, so need to know how it fits with your role and how I can support'.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: