Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any key account managers out there?

(6 Posts)
daffodilbrain Sun 12-Nov-17 15:24:49

Trying to pull together a presentation - do you share all financials with the customer normally?

PerpendicularVincent Sun 12-Nov-17 15:37:28

What kind of financials, and what is the topic of the presentation? I may be able to help

daisychain01 Sun 12-Nov-17 20:42:46

I’d check with your line manager what you are allowed to share. They might even have some standard numbers that have been preapproved for external audiences.

Don’t put anything in a presentation that you haven’t gained prior approval from your management, would be my advice.

daffodilbrain Sun 12-Nov-17 21:29:55

It’s for an interview... scenario says customer has low engagement scores I need to ensure try to ensure they include us in their future plans. Question is what is my approach...

Blankiefan Tue 14-Nov-17 18:34:15

It's really industry dependent. I wouldn't share my profitability with my customers, for example. On the other hand I manage some suppliers who do present open book costings so I do see their profitability. It depends on how adversarial vs collaborative the sales relationship is whixh is driven by many factors (how replaceable are you, importance of relationships, how transactional the deal is, etc). It's difficult to give general advice.

Rusty289 Wed 15-Nov-17 06:44:26

I think it depends on industry. I agree that I would be reluctant to share financials. However, an example would be that some of what we do is work alongside financial services firms and insurers to improve their perceived client engagement scores (how likely they are to recommend to other consumers, etc). I would report on those in you're example to show change - I'd also give a per hour quote but would just avoid reporting the total amount spent

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now