Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flexible working Ideas

(3 Posts)
Buck3t Sun 12-Nov-17 07:20:09

I work a full time job. I love my job, but this past week. i spent a week at home with my daughter and taking her to school everyday has been great. she loved it and I loved it. It was the first time

My boss is beyond reasonable. As an example my daughter had dance exams and I was able to wfh half day's on Monday afternoons for 12 weeks.

What I'd like is to go in late two days a week (leaving late) and come in early and leave early one day a week. During term time. Does that sound reasonable? I work extra hours when needed anyway free of charge (without having to be asked), which is why I don't want to reduce my hours (and therefore my pay).

However, I'm the only one in the dept who does what I do, and the ultimate boss does like presenteeism.

Looking at it written down, there is nothing wrong with the request, I'm worried about perception. It could look part time though it's not.

s4nha Sun 12-Nov-17 13:09:08

No harm in asking the worst they can say is no. May be helpful if you can show your proposal can work or did work in last week or so or that it adds to company performance eg I am able to answer queries when other staff gone home etc . Good luck with it.

Buck3t Mon 13-Nov-17 16:55:25

Thanks my boss sees no problem with my coming in late two days a week and working from home one afternoon a week. Just going to submit my flexible working form.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now