Talk

Advanced search

Is this a daft idea?

(6 Posts)
chairfrog Fri 10-Nov-17 13:26:02

I applied for a job earlier this year. Didn't get it - apparently no applicant was quite what they were looking for. Fair enough. I was aware that I was lacking in some areas but frankly it was a wide brief so thought worth going for anyway.

It was readvertised immediately (saw it on Linked In). Thought no more about it, I am not unhappy where I am but quite fancied this company.

Just seen it advertised again. is it a bad idea to enquire whether worth applying again? I am torn because nothing in the interviews that I had put me off the place and I still feel I am a 90% fit! I have never been in this situation before and really don't know. What do you think?

insancerre Fri 10-Nov-17 13:34:43

Yes, re apply, you have nothing to lose

MissConductUS Fri 10-Nov-17 13:35:28

Reapply, by all means. There's really no downside, and they might rethink the requirements if they're having trouble finding someone.

Employers can be highly unrealistic about what combination of qualifications they're going to find in the applicant pool.

sooperdooper Fri 10-Nov-17 13:36:16

Yeah you've got nothing to lose, if they gave any more specific feedback could you show you've worked on those areas since your last interview?

chairfrog Fri 10-Nov-17 13:42:42

Thank you! I really want to reapply but was worried I'd be breaking sone unwritten rule (far too worried about what people I wouldn't meet again would think of me - I know how ridiculous this sounds)
Feedback wasn't terribly specific but there have been things I have put myself forward for in the last couple of months because I felt would help my development so I can reference that.
Thanks so much for the little boost I needed!

RaeCJ82 Fri 10-Nov-17 14:06:27

If the advert doesn’t specify “previous applicants need not apply” then go for it. You’ve nothing to lose really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now