Talk

Advanced search

How to call in sick - mh probs

(3 Posts)
StrongerThanIThought76 Mon 06-Nov-17 20:23:23

Just looking for some advice please.

Really struggling at the moment with my mh. Have had some counselling for an issue that I thought was working out but has gone downhill again. Boyfriend (don't live together) going through chemo but I've only taken a few days off to go to some of his appointments. Narc ex who has only seen the kids twice in over a year so I'm doing all the parenting 24/7/365. Work full time in what can be an extremely pressured job (though currently boss is being very understanding and trying to take some of the pressure off). Sleep is shot to pieces, can't remember the last time I slept more than 4 hours uninterrupted.

Feel like I'm at breaking point and want to curl up under the bedclothes every morning rather than haul my arse into the daily routine/drudgery every day. But i can't find thr guts or the words to just call in sick one morning.

LEMtheoriginal Mon 06-Nov-17 20:26:45

Might be better placed getting signed off sick by your gp. Either that or feign a sickness bug flowers

Southlondonmum76 Tue 07-Nov-17 07:28:13

Agree with previous poster LEM, it’s best to go see your GP and explain all that’s going on and how you’re feeling. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now.
GP more than likely sign you off and review you in a couple weeks or so.
Look after your mental health, time off work will help.

All the best,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now