Talk

Advanced search

How much to charge per hour for virtual assistant/business manager role?

(4 Posts)
BellaMoo Mon 06-Nov-17 16:16:59

I would really appreciate some advice. I’m meeting someone running a creative business tomorrow to talk about helping him to do the admin side of his business. So client liaison, overseeing projects, updating website, billing clients etc. I’ll be mostly working from home. It will be the first time he’s had someone doing this so I guess i’ll be helping to set up the systems etc. The business is successful and although creative most of his clients are corporate. He also has a couple of other people working for him on the creative side - something he’s hoping to grow.

I did a similar job a couple of years ago and got £25 an hour!! I know this is probably ridiculous but I’m not sure where to pitch this now. Realistically, what should I ask for?

PoppyPopcorn Fri 10-Nov-17 16:55:00

This is similar to what I do and setting prices is the hardest aspect of being self-emplyoed.

£25 seems entirely reasonable to me, but it will depend on how many hours you are proposing to work and what you need to cover your costs. If they're guaranteeing 30 hours a week, you may feel you can cut your hourly rate a little, or negotiate. Remember that as a freelancer you get no sick pay or holiday pay - and the company won't have to pay your NICS so are saving money.

Do not sell yourself short. Do your homework, find out the going rate and work out what you're prepared to accept.

NapQueen Fri 10-Nov-17 20:31:18

We have someone similar who does a set list of jobs for £2000 pcm (no set hours just "provide x y and z) then anything additional is billed at £20ph.

North east so not sure if thats low or high.

BellaMoo Sat 11-Nov-17 11:59:32

Thanks for the advice. Agreed to £25ph for a very flexible few hours a week. Brilliant as I don’t have to worry about childcare and there’s definitely potential to do more hours as the business (and my youngest) grows!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: