Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help me make sense of this essential criteria

(11 Posts)
fcek Fri 03-Nov-17 18:39:43

I'm feeling really thick but I can't seem to think of any examples of how I meet this essential criteria. I think I'm just not understanding what it means rather than not having an example. Can someone simplify it for me please? I'm having a brain fog today. It's a governmental job.

"A track record of working effectively with others to shape policy development and delivery."

StealthPolarBear Fri 03-Nov-17 18:43:59

X years in a job where that is a key responsibility

RJnomore1 Fri 03-Nov-17 18:47:08

Working in a partnership or in a team to feed back information on priorities and to implement them locally

An example from my work in education:

Leading a local learning partnership to identify local learning needs and contribute to the creation of a local statutory plan, the producing action plans to implement agreed priorities at a local level

RJnomore1 Fri 03-Nov-17 18:47:27

Too many locals sorry but hopefully you get the idea

FlowerPot1234 Fri 03-Nov-17 18:48:45

(This assumes you know what 'policy' means in your job context)

Have you been responsible for making policy?
Have you been part of a team that has helped devise the policy?
After you formed it did you implement it? How did you do that?
etc.

NSEA Fri 03-Nov-17 18:48:55

Or an example could be improving health and safety policy. Ensuring all team members are aware of and following new procedures.

sourpatchkid Fri 03-Nov-17 18:49:50

Working with others to change the way things work or improve it. Do you feel able to give me a rough idea of what industry you work in so I can try to give an example?

Or for example - I work in mental health so it would be something like my time working with others to reduce waiting lists

Damia Fri 03-Nov-17 18:50:01

Have you worked on any teams that looked at policies in any way to start with? A policy I guess could be anything from h & s rules or a paper governing the way people work work, risk, I dunno there must be hundreds of policies. Have you ever worked on creating or amending one? Training people on them? Given a lecture? Demo? Something like that I would say though it's not my area

fcek Fri 03-Nov-17 18:50:14

RJ thanks so much, that's exactly what I was looking for and similar to what I do already.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 03-Nov-17 18:50:46

Any suggestions by you, as part of a team, of how systems/procedure could be improved, that were taken up and made things more efficient.

RJnomore1 Fri 03-Nov-17 18:52:17

You're very welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now