Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Employer going back on offer of pay for overtime - offering time back instead

(4 Posts)
Sarahlouboo Thu 02-Nov-17 22:32:24

Can they do this? Was offered additional hours for pay but when I chased the contract (standard practice in my institution to start work without a contract), was told that I shouldn’t have been offered this and therefore the hours I have worked will be taken off my workload next term. I have already worked 36 hours without pay and I don’t want time off in lieu, I want the cold hard cash! If they had told me 6 weeks ago that this was the case I would not have taken on the extra work and stress. I have contacted my union rep but just mulling over now and if anyone has anything that I can quote at them would be grateful!

PurplePillowCase Thu 02-Nov-17 22:34:16

do you have anything in writing about that? an email?

Sarahlouboo Thu 02-Nov-17 22:37:59

Hmm, I have an email that sets out my workload including the extra but doesn’t state that it will be extra iyswim. But they are not denying that was the intention, just that it shouldn’t have been offered on that basis (by my line manager) therefore sorry but they can’t pay it.

Sarahlouboo Thu 02-Nov-17 22:38:51

Will go back through my emails though, there might be something, thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now