Talk

Advanced search

Work have lost my MATB1

(6 Posts)
BlueButTrue Thu 02-Nov-17 11:27:17

Apparently it was sent in the post over a week ago (back to me so I could claim MA), but I haven’t received it. I desperately need it to claim MA from the JobCentre.

HR’s response is “well it must be lost then, we will send out a copy of the MATB1 we have here on file, along with a new SMP1 form” confused

I’ve already had to remind them to send it as they hadn’t sent out back out to me and I went on Maternity Leave on the 17th October... Meaning I’m due to be paid a back dated payment from the 17th but I’m not even sure these type of payments get backdated!

I’m also aware that the claim takes 24 days to process, so if that’s correct, I’ll have no money for quite a while and I’m pulling my hair out about how to even pay my bloody bills.

What do I do now? Trying to get through to DWP but been on hold for 40 minutes now angry

Will DWP even accept a photocopy of my MATB1? Won’t they want the original?

primarnoodle Thu 02-Nov-17 11:43:27

My work lost mine and i rang my midwife who did another one for me

BlueButTrue Thu 02-Nov-17 11:55:32

prima DWP insist on the original so I’m going to have to do the same.

The annoying this is the amount of time the claim takes to process, meaning I won’t have any money until near end of December!

It’s madness

ProseccoMamam Thu 02-Nov-17 12:13:39

Your midwife will do you another

Anonymum123 Thu 02-Nov-17 12:17:32

My midwife did another one for me but had to write 'duplicate' on the top. Hoping that they will accept that!

BlueButTrue Thu 02-Nov-17 14:22:44

Anony Are you going to claim MA?

If so it may be worth letting them know (DWP), that you’re going to have to get a replacement, just so they can be kept in the loop etc.

I have the number here if you need it, I know it was a bugger to find when I was looking blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now